Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Moment in Time


We are learning to write descriptively about 'a moment in time'.
Here is a sample of Room 19's fabulous writing.

War - By Maxwell

You’re in the war.

It is really scary.

Killing the first man in your life.

There’s nothing good about war.

All the soldiers fight for freedom.

They all want to go home.

No one likes war, not one bit.

I wish war does not happen again.

War is nothing but torture.
Relaxed - By Emily
Sitting at the table, door is open.
Sun shining pleasantly on my body.
Sweating like mad, getting on togs.
Cap on fast, squirt of sunblock.
Slap on goggles, wait ten minutes......
Jump in pool, splash around.
Swim some lengths, time to get out.
What a day!

Christmas - By Oliver
Wake up quickly, dressed slowly.
Check under the tree, full of colourful presents from Santa.
Wind's blowing bells, feeling the soft wind.
Colourful lights everywhere.
Candy canes hanging on houses, free gifts from friends.
Mum and dad wakes.
Time for breakfast, yummy treats to eat and drink. 
Decorating our house.
It's Christmas.

Christmas - By Amy
Tree stands there, beautifully coloured.
Look under the tree, presents sparkly wrapped.
Carelessly rip open presents with joy.
Presents are awesome, Santa is cool.
I dance, what loving presents.
Out for special Christmas dinner.
Scoff down food until I'm full.
I love Christmas



5 comments:

  1. Wow why did you put my poem on the blog!





    E dog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas - By Max
    People waking up in the morning.
    Santa crawling down the chimney.
    Having wonderful present.
    Presents under Christmas tree.
    Opening presents with excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed how Amy used adjectives

    E dog

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! I am really impressed with your poem Maxwell. I can tell that you have very strong feelings about war and you have shared them so well. Keep up the fantastic heart-felt writing.
    from Mrs Penberthy

    ReplyDelete
  5. We wrote a moment in time talking about only about one moment. I did mine on Christmas and my second one on fireworks. I thought it was really fun writing that.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete